Victoria’s Reportable Conduct Scheme (the Scheme) will further expand to cover youth organisations that provide overnight camps for children from 1 May 2020.
New organisations required to comply are youth organisations:
- in which children participate
- that provide activities in which children participate, and
- that provide overnight camps for children as part of their primary activity.
This includes the Girl Guides Association of Victoria and Scouts Victoria.
The Scheme began operating on 1 July 2017 and already covers organisations such as schools, out-of-home care providers, disability services, religious organisations and health services.
From 1 May 2020, the heads of youth organisations that provide overnight camps for children as part of their primary activity must report to the Commission any allegation that a worker or volunteer in their organisation has committed reportable conduct. The Commission must be notified of reportable allegations within three business days.
The organisation must then carry out an investigation into the allegation and report its findings to the Commission.
We have a range of supports available for organisations that need to comply with the Scheme.
- Information sheets about the Reportable Conduct Scheme
- Frequently asked questions
- Information sessions for organisations
You can also contact us directly for clarification and guidance:
- Telephone: 03 8601 5281 (during business hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org