The Australian and New Zealand Children's Commissioners and Guardians (ANZCCG) meet twice a year and aims to promote and protect the safety, wellbeing and rights of children and young people in Australia and New Zealand. The ANZCCG strives to ensure that the best interests of children and young people are considered in public policy and program development.
The ANZCCG produces policy statements and communiques arising from its meetings. Recent statements include:
- Statement: Incarceration of children as young as 10 years of age in Australian youth detention centres is a national shame (27 October 2022)
- Communique of meeting in November 2019
- Statement on conditions and treatment in youth justice detention 2017
- Communique of meeting in May 2019
- Communique of meeting in November 2018
- Communique of meeting in May 2018
- Communique of meeting in November 2017
- Communique of meeting in May 2017
For earlier communiques and additional resources, please visit the ANZCCG website resources page.