Working for the Commission

About our work environment, benefits and codes of conduct.

Organisational Environment

Our vision is to ensure that the rights of all children and young people in Victoria are recognised, respected and defended. We aspire to be an organisation where everyone is committed to achieving our vision and demonstrates the public sector values in all that we do.

Current job opportunities

View current job opportunities in our Careers page.

For vacancies currently advertised to existing VPS staff only, please refer to the Jobs and Skills Exchange website:

Our commitment to child safety

We are committed to providing a child safe and child friendly environment, where children and young people with whom we have contact are safe and feel safe, and able to actively participate in decisions that affect their lives. The Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy applies to the Commissioners, staff, contractors, volunteers and authorised persons engaged by the Commission.

Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy (PDF, 358kb)

All staff are also required to comply with the Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees of Special Bodies 2015.


We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity. We encourage job applications from people with a disability, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse and intersex.

Aboriginal inclusion 

Our Aboriginal Inclusion Action Plan sets our target for Aboriginal employment. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for roles at the Commission. 


Our staff can enjoy a broad range of Victorian Government employment benefits. These include competitive salaries, flexible working arrangements and learning and development opportunities. 

Safety screening

National Police Check

All competitive applicants are subject to a satisfactory National Police History Check as part of the recruitment assessment process.

Applicants who have lived overseas for 12 months or longer during the past 10 years are required to provide the results of an international police check. Applicants should contact the relevant overseas police force to obtain this and submit as part of their application. Details of overseas police agencies are available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website on their Character and police certificate requirements page under the heading ‘How do I obtain a police certificate?’

Working with Children Check

A current employee Working with Children Check card is required and will need to be provided prior to commencement of employment by the applicant. Currency of the card will need to be maintained by the employee for the period of employment.