How to get in touch with us

Safety concerns about a child or young person 

If you have immediate safety concerns about a child or young person, please call 000.

For non-urgent police matters, call 131 444, or go to your local police station.

If you have general safety concerns about a child or young person, please contact the Child Protection intake office where the child lives:

After 5pm and on weekends, contact the Child Protection After Hours service on 13 12 78.

If you need information about making a formal report or notification to the Commission, please see our Report a concern page.

General enquiries

We can help you with the Child Safe Standards and the Reportable Conduct Scheme, including how to formally report a concern.

Tel: 1300 78 29 78 (9.30–11.30am and 2.00–4.00pm Monday to Friday, except on public holidays)

Contact us in your language

Interpreter services are available in community languages by calling the Australian Government's Translating and Interpreter Service on 131 450.

Ask your interpreter to call the Commission for Children and Young People on 1300 78 29 78 and ask to be directed to a specific business area.

We also have a range of information available in community languages. For translated resources relating to the Child Safe Standards, please click here. For translated resources relating to the Reportable Conduct Scheme, please click here

Media contact

For media inquiries to the Principal Commissioner.

Bree Furlong
Principal Communications Officer
0438 346 029   

Mailing address

Level 18
570 Bourke Street
Victoria 3000

For a more immediate response or if you have an urgent enquiry, please consider emailing the Commission at

Subscribe for updates

To subscribe for updates and information on Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme, please see Sign up for Commission updates

Social media

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow up on LinkedIn

Complaints about the Commission

If you wish to make a complaint about the Commission – not a complaint about another agency or organisation – please contact us and we will provide further advice about your formal options in directing your complaint for appropriate consideration.

For further information, please also refer to our external complaints policy (PDF, 67kb).