We monitor, and advocate for, the safety and wellbeing children in the child protection and out-of-home care systems by:
- undertaking inquiries into systemic issues affecting children in child protection and the out-of-home care systems, and monitoring the implementation of recommendations of the Commission’s inquiries
- conducting inquiries into service responses to individual children
- reviewing the death of every child who was involved with child protection in the year before they died
- monitoring serious incidents in out-of-home care
- conducting onsite or online inspections of residential care services, focused on engagement with children and young people and the Charter of Rights in Out of Home Care
- responding to Royal Commissions, reviews and inquiries and proposed legislative amendments relating issues affecting children and young people in Victoria.