On this page
Resources for parents and carers
- Information for parents and carers about the Child Safe Standards
- What to look for in a child safe organisation (PDF, 362kb)
- Other people looking after your child - babysitters (PDF, 181kb)
- Child Safety: babysitting checklist (PDF, 131kb)
- Older children home alone (PDF, 196kb)
- Teach your child how to keep themselves safe (PDF, 193kb)
Resources for parents and carers from other organisations
The following are links to other organisations with resources and supports for parents and carers.
- Raising Children Network
The Raising Children Network is an online parenting resource that is funded by the Australian Government, reviewed by experts and non-commercial. It includes information for parents and carers on a larger number of topics grouped by ages and stages.
- Parentline - Department of Education and Training
Counselling, information and referral service for parents and carers with children from birth to eighteen years old.
- Safety Centre - Royal Children's Hospital
Information on ways to prevent unintentional injury, including: car and road safety, poisoning, burns and scalds, falls, water safety, choking prevention and home safety.
- Play it safe at home - Consumer Affairs Victoria
Information about safety and unsafe products in the home.
- eSafety Commissioner
The eSafety Commissioner is Australia’s national independent regulator for online safety. The eSafety website includes advice for parents and carers to help children have safe experiences online.
- Australian Child & Adolescent Trauma, Loss & Grief Network (ACATLGN) - Australian National University
Resources for parents and professionals to understand the complex needs of children and young people.
For links to other organisations, see our Useful links page