Victoria’s Reportable Conduct Scheme will apply to the following organisations from 1 January 2019:
- approved education and care services
- children’s services
- some organisations that have functions of a public nature such as certain art centres, libraries, museums, zoos, parks and gardens.
The scheme began operating on 1 July 2017 and already covers organisations such as schools, out-of-home care providers, disability services, religious organisations and health services.
Some of the organisations covered by the scheme from 1 January 2019 include long day care centres, outside school hours care, kindergarten services, family day care and occasional care providers.
The scheme seeks to improve organisations’ responses to allegations of child abuse and child-related misconduct.
Heads of organisations must report to the Commission any allegation that a worker or volunteer in their organisation has committed reportable conduct within three business days.
The organisation must carry out an investigation into the allegation and report its findings to the Commission.
We have a range of supports available for organisations that need to comply with the scheme.
- Information sheets about the Reportable Conduct Scheme
- Resources for early years providers
- Frequently asked questions
- Information sessions for organisations
You can also contact us directly for clarification and guidance:
- Telephone: 03 8601 5281 (during business hours)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org