Our approach and priorities set out the strategic priorities we will pursue to achieve our vision that the rights of all children and young people in Victoria are recognised, respected and defended.
In 2018–19, we will:
- Mobilise organisations and the broader community to prevent and respond to allegations of institutional child abuse
- Establish a risk-informed, sustainable operating model for Child Safe Standards and the Reportable Conduct Scheme, targeting organisations to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people
- Strengthen the participation and influence of children and young people across the Commission's work
- Highlight the lived experience of children and young people in the out-of-home care and child protection systems to drive reform
- Increase transparency of, and accountability for, government action on Commission recommendations and regulatory scheme obligations
- Drive an effective and humane approach to children and young people involved with the criminal justice system
- Continue to build a culturally-rich, high-impact Commission for Children and Young People.