The inquiry we’re running at the moment is about understanding what it’s really like to enter, live in and leave care, and what needs to change so the Commission can make recommendations to improve it.
When we’ve finished, we’ll send a report to the government about what young people have told us and the changes you want to see.
Our inquiry will provide an important opportunity for children and young people to share their experience of out-of-home care in Victoria. If you are living in or have experience of out-of-home care and would like to play a pivotal role in informing how the care sector can change in the future, we want to hear from you.
The Commission is conducting this inquiry because there have been lots of inquiries into out-of-home-care by different government departments over the years but none of these have focused on the experiences of children and young people.
Do you want to be part of our inquiry?
There are a number of ways you can be involved in this inquiry and share your experience about being in care.
- If you give us a few details here we will get back to you about opportunities to contribute in your area. Anyone who is part of the face-to-face consultations will be recognised with a gift card.
- You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the inquiry.
- You can also take part in one of our anonymous online surveys.
- Survey for children and young people who have left care
- Survey for children and young people who are currently living in care.
Finally, keep an eye out for us, we will be popping up at various events over the coming months, and at these we will give you the opportunity to have your say and contribute to the inquiry.
Be involved and shape the future!