General enquiries for the Commission

Where we can help you directly, our enquiry staff will refer you to the most appropriate person within the Commission.

tel: 1300 78 29 78 (Restricted hours of 9.30–11.30am and 2.00–4.00pm apply during the Coronavirus shutdown)

Notify the Commission of Reportable Conduct allegations

Click the link Notify and Update Reportable Allegations

If you suspect that a child is being abused or may be in immediate danger, you should call ‘000’ immediately and report the matter to police.

Child Protection

During business hours, contact the Child Protection intake appropriate to your location:

Child Protection business hours: 8.45am–5.00pm (Monday–Friday)

North Division Intake – 1300 664 977
South Division Intake – 1300 655 795
East Division Intake – 1300 360 391
West Division Intake – Rural and regional only – 1800 075 599
West Division Intake – metropolitan only – 1300 664 977

Report concerns about the immediate safety of a child after hours to After Hours Child Protection Emergency Service on 13 12 78 between 5.00pm–9.00am, (Monday–Friday, 24 hours on weekends and public holidays).

The Commission does not investigate complaints about Child Protection matters. The process for requesting a review of a decision or for lodging a formal complaint with the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing is outlined on their website

You can submit your complaint to the department in a number of ways:

  • call the department's complaints line on 1300 884 706
  • submit your complaint online:
  • send complaints by mail to Complaints, GPO Box 4057, Melbourne Vic 3000

Victorian Ombudsman

To make a complaint about Victorian government departments and agencies as well as local government, contact the Victorian Ombudsman. The Victorian government agencies you can make a complaint about include state schools, Vic Roads, Corrections Victoria, the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, TAC, WorkSafe and many more. Contact the Victorian Ombudsman on 9613 6222 or

Legal assistance

Victoria Legal Aid – 1300 792 387 (Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm) or

Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service –

If you need support

Beyond Blue
1300 224 636

1800 737 732

MensLine Australia
1300 787 978

13 11 14

Suicide Call Back Service
1300 659 467

Kids Helpline
1800 55 1800

Carer Information and Support Service
9416 4292

Grandparents Victoria
9372 2422

Information sessions

We regularly hold information sessions about the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme.

These sessions are designed to support organisations to build their understanding of the standards and the scheme so they can meet their legal obligations. For more information and to register for a session click here.