These sessions are designed for people who lead and drive child safety within their organisations. They provide an overview to help you create a child safe organisation that:
- properly prevents, reports and responds to child abuse and harm
- meets the legal obligations of the Standards and the Scheme.
New sessions are added regularly, check back for updates.
Who should attend?
You should attend one of these sessions if:
- your organisation must comply with the Standards or the Scheme
- you are a child safety leader. Your role includes leading the development or implementation of child safety policies and processes in your organisation.
These roles may include:
- Child Safety Officers
- Governance or Compliance Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Committee of Management members
- Heads of organisations (such as CEOs or Principal Officers), who have specific legal obligations under the Scheme.
The sessions are not designed for general staff members and volunteers to attend as professional development.
To see if your organisation must comply with
A note about our webinars:
- Our webinars were adapted from our face-to-face sessions, to keep attendees safe during COVID-19 restrictions.
- If you have attended a face-to-face session in the past, you do not need to attend a webinar unless you want a refresher or an update.
- This webinar provides an overview of the current Standards, and their application, and incorporates a short overview of the new Standards which organisations must comply with by 1 July 2022
- It is an introduction and overview only and is designed for child safety leaders.
- For more detailed information, you can
|Thu 7 October 2021||9.30–11.30am||Full||
|Tues 12 October 2021||1.30–3.30pm||Full||
|Wed 10 November 2021||9.30–11.30am||Places still available|
|Thu 9 December 2021||1.30–3.30pm||Places still available|
Reportable Conduct Scheme – an introduction (webinar)
- This webinar provides a general overview and introduction to the Scheme, including the legal responsibilities of a head of an organisation, types of reportable conduct, how to make notifications to the Commission and the investigation process.
- It is an introduction only and is designed for child safety leaders.
- For more detailed information,
|Thu 4 November 2021||9.30–11.30am||Places still available||Click to register|
|Wed 15 December 2021||1.30–3.30pm||Places still available||Click to register|
Child Safe Standards Community of Practice
We will post details of upcoming Community of Practice forums here when they are available.
To be notified of upcoming forums, you can join the Child Safe Standards Community of Practice by subscribing to our updates and ticking the 'Community of Practice' box at the bottom of the form.
For resources on the Child Safe Standards Community of Practice, click here.
Register for updates
We add new sessions to this page when they are available, check back for updates.
We also include reminders in our regular email updates. You can subscribe to our updates here.