These sessions are designed for people who lead and drive child safety within their organisations. They provide an overview to help you create a child safe organisation that:
- properly prevents, reports and responds to child abuse and harm
- meets the legal obligations of the Standards and the Scheme.
New sessions are added regularly, check back for updates.
Who should attend?
You should attend one of these sessions if:
- your organisation must comply with the Standards or the Scheme
- you are a child safety leader. Your role includes leading the development or implementation of child safety policies and processes in your organisation.
These roles may include:
- Child Safety Officers
- Governance or Compliance Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Committee of Management members
- Heads of organisations (such as CEOs or Principal Officers), who have specific legal obligations under the Scheme.
The sessions are not designed for general staff members and volunteers to attend as professional development.
To see if your organisation must comply with
A note about our webinars:
- Our webinars were adapted from our face-to-face sessions, to keep attendees safe during COVID-19 restrictions.
- If you have attended a face-to-face session in the past, you do not need to attend a webinar unless you want a refresher or an update.
- This webinar provides an overview of the current Standards, and their application, and incorporates a short overview of the new Standards which organisations must comply with by 1 July 2022
- It is an introduction and overview only and is designed for child safety leaders.
- For more detailed information, you can
|Thu 19 August 2021||9.30–11.30am||Limited places available||Click to register|
|Wed 8 September 2021||1.30–3.30pm||Places still available||Click to register|
|Thu 7 October 2021||9.30–11.30am||Places still available||Click to register|
Reportable Conduct Scheme – an introduction (webinar)
- This webinar provides a general overview and introduction to the Scheme, including the legal responsibilities of a head of an organisation, types of reportable conduct, how to make notifications to the Commission and the investigation process.
- It is an introduction only and is designed for child safety leaders.
- For more detailed information,
|Tue 17 August 2021||1.30–3.30pm||Places still available||Click to register|
|Thu 16 September 2021||9.30–11.30am||Places still available||Click to register|
|Tues 12 October 2021||1.30–3.30pm||Places still available||Click to register|
Child Safe Standards Community of Practice
Registrations of interest to attend the Community of Practice on 24 June 2021 currently exceed the capacity for this webinar. As a result, we are closing off registrations. We will record the webinar and will make it available on the Commission’s website to view at a later time.
We will post details of upcoming Community of Practice forums here when they are available.
To be notified of upcoming forums, you can join the Child Safe Standards Community of Practice by subscribing to our updates and ticking the 'Community of Practice' box at the bottom of the form.
Register for updates
We add new sessions to this page when they are available, check back for updates.
We also include reminders in our regular email updates. You can subscribe to our updates here.