Religious organisations, hospitals, disability services and camps are now covered by Victoria’s Reportable Conduct Scheme.
The scheme seeks to improve organisations’ responses to allegations of child abuse and child-related misconduct.
Who is covered by the scheme
From 1 January 2018, the scheme also includes:
- religious bodies
- organisations that:
- operate a residential facility for a boarding school
- provide overnight camps for children
- are a public or denominational hospital or operate a private hospital
- are a public health service
- organisations that provide disability services, including registered disability service providers.
What you need to do
Heads of organisations must report allegations to the Commission using our online form within three business days of becoming aware of them. They must also investigate allegations and provide us with updates within 30 days.
Support for organisations
We have a range of supports available for organisations that need to comply with the scheme.
- Information sheets about the Reportable Conduct Scheme
- Frequently asked questions
- Information sessions for organisations.
You can also contact us