On this page
The Commission for Children and Young People collects, uses, discloses, and stores personal information in compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 , the Health Records Act 2001, and the Public Records Act 1973. Any information provided to the Commission via this website, including identification of individuals, will be used only for the purpose/s intended and where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required by law.
This Website Privacy Statement explains how your personal information (being information capable of identifying you as an individual) will be treated as you access and interact with this website. The practices outlined in this Website Privacy Statement are subject to any rights the Commission for Children and Young People may have to handle personal information in accordance with law.
Collection of your personal information
The personal information we collect via this website may include:
- the content of any electronic forms you submit via this website requesting us to provide services or information or take actions
- information submitted if you participate in an online survey
- any messages or comments you submit to us via this website or to email addresses displayed on this website, which may include personal information such as your name, email address and telephone number
- email addresses provided via this site will only be used to respond to specific user queries and will not be added to any mailing lists, nor disclosed to any other party without users' knowledge and consent, unless required by law.
Web statistics data collection
While you can browse this website anonymously, without disclosing your personal information, we may not be able to provide the full range of services through this website if we are not provided with the information outlined above.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Where we collect personal information from you via our website, a privacy disclaimer will indicate which third parties we might share your information with (if any). In addition to providing our services to you and carrying out your requests, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you for purposes including the following:
- for the purpose that we have collected the information
- purposes related to our research, planning, product and service development, security and testing
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this website
- where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in
- any other purposes required or authorised by law.
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control. However, you should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the Internet. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us online and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. If you are concerned about conveying sensitive material to us over the Internet, you might prefer to contact us by telephone or mail. We will remove personal information from our system where it is no longer required (except where archiving is required to fulfil our obligations under the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic)).
We take additional steps to protect the security of your personal information, such as strong 128-bit SSL encryption. Before using these facilities, you should ensure that you are using a web browser that supports 128-bit encryption. In many web browsers, you can confirm that your session is encrypted by the appearance of a locked padlock symbol located in the browser status bar at the foot of the browser.
Feedback, information request form and email
We may preserve the content of any feedback form, information request form, email or other electronic message that we receive. Any personal information contained in that message will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Website Privacy Statement. We will not use that information to add you to a mailing list without your consent.
Links to external websites
This Website Privacy Statement does not extend beyond this website. When following links to other sites from this website, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of that site to familiarise yourself with its privacy practices.
This website's web server automatically records non-personal clickstream data. To the extent that any clickstream data could make you identifiable, we will not attempt to identify you from clickstream data unless required by law or to investigate suspected improper activity in relation to the website or to assist in law enforcement.
The following clickstream data are automatically recorded by this website's web server for statistical and system administration purposes only:
- your IP address
- your domain name (e.g. yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc)
- the date and the time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and files downloaded
- the address of the last site you visited
- your operating system
- the type of browser you are using.
The default settings of browsers like Netscape and Internet Explorer may allow some or all cookies, but users can easily take steps to erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, some parts of sites may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.