The Commission is looking for new members to join our Youth Council.
- aged between 15–24?
- passionate about improving the lives of children and young people in Victoria?
- able to work flexibly, on a casual basis, and via zoom?
This is a voluntary role. You will be offered a volunteer payment for all the meetings and activities you do as an appreciation of your time, commitment and lived experience.
The Youth Council plays a pivotal role in bringing youth voice and lived experience to the Commission’s work. Some of the work you will be doing as part of our small Youth Council is:
- working across the Commission in a holistic and culturally safe way to empower children and young people of Victoria to influence the work
- bringing new ideas, perspectives and a fresh outlook to how the Commission engages, empowers and advocates for the young people of Victoria
- helping to identify new ways to connect with cohorts of children and young people across Victoria to ensure the Commission hears them, and understands what is happening for them
- assisting in the creation of accessible, safe spaces for children and young people to share their experiences with the Commission
- creating resources to assist Commission staff to safely engage with children and young people
- developing new and innovative mechanisms that allow for other young people to be involved in the Commission’s work.
If you are a young person who is passionate about upholding the rights for children and young people in Victoria, advocating to improve systems and services for children and young people, and connecting with other young people to allow them to have a say in things that are important to them, this is for you.
Send in a short letter explaining why you are applying for the role and some areas you are particularly passionate about (along with a current resume if you have one) to email@example.com with the subject line 'Youth Council application'. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander young people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close 21 March.