skip to content

Which organisations will the reportable conduct scheme apply to?

The reportable conduct scheme in Victoria will apply to a range of organisations that have a high level of responsibility for children. The scheme will be introduced in three phases from 1 July 2017.

Phase 1 - From 1 July 2017 the scheme will apply to:

  • Government and non-government schools.
  • Organisations registered or accredited to provide senior secondary education and training.
  • Registered overseas student exchange organisations.
  • Registered schools and senior secondary providers that provide approved education and training courses to students from overseas.
  • Disability service providers that provides residential services for children with a disability.
  • Mental health service providers that provides in-patient beds for children and young people.
  • Drug or alcohol treatment services that provide in-patient beds for children and young people.
  • Housing or homelessness services that provides overnight beds for children and young people, such as youth refuges.
  • Child protection services.
  • Out-of-home care services.
  • Government departments providing services to children (including youth justice and corrective services).

Phase 2 - From 1 January 2018 the scheme will apply to:

  • Religious organisations.
  • Residential facilities of boarding schools.
  • Overnight camps for children.
  • Public, denominational and private hospitals.
  • Other disability service providers that provide services for children, including those registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

Phase 3 - From 1 January 2019 the scheme will apply to:

  • Approved education and care services (e.g. kindergartens, after hours care services).
  • Children’s services (e.g. occasional care providers).
  • Statutory bodies that have responsibility for children, such as public museums and galleries.